Have you ever asked:
- What is the meaning of life?
- What happens when we die?
- What relevance does Jesus have for our lives?
- How do we deal with guilt, shame and fear?
If you have, then the Alpha Course is just right for you!
WANT TO SIGN UP FOR ALPHA? CLICK HERE!
What is Alpha?
The Alpha Course is an 12-week introduction to the claims of Christianity. It explores questions like the ones above and provides answers in a relaxed, relational environment. At the Upper Room, the format for the evening includes having a meal together, a short time of worship, a teaching video, and a discussion time. Toward the end of the eleven weeks we take a weekend retreat where we discuss the baptism and work of the Holy Spirit.
Who is Alpha for?
Alpha is for everyone! — People interested in Christianity and its answers to life; newcomers to the church; new Christians; couples preparing for marriage; Christians who want to brush up on the basics. Alpha involves…
- Anyone interested in finding out more about the Christian faith. University students, Junior and Senior High kids, and other adults in the community are all welcome.
- Learning and laughter. It is possible to learn about the Christian faith and to have fun at the same time. Our international students have also said that it is a wonderful opportunity to improve their English language skills.
- People meeting together and enjoying a meal together. Alpha is an opportunity to get to know others and make new friends. Our international friends are a very special part of Alpha and they have enriched the Alpha program.
- Helping one another. The small groups give you a chance to discuss issues raised during the video presentation.
- Asking anything. Alpha is a place where any question can be asked about the Christian faith and the meaning of life. No question is seen as too simple or too controversial.
When & Where?
The Alpha Course meets each Fall and Spring on Sundays, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. at the Upper Room Christian Fellowship, 2234 Indian Trail Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47906. A free meal and childcare are provided at each meeting.
If you are interested in the Alpha Course you can sign up using the link above. If you have any questions, please call the church office at (765) 463-7380. You can also email us at email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!
Fall 2017 Dates & Topics:
- August 27 – Welcome & Celebration Dinner
- September 3 – Who Is Jesus?
- September 10 – Why Did Jesus Die?
- September 17 – How Can I Have Faith?
- September 24 – Why and How Do I Pray?
- October 1 – Why and How Should I Read the Bible?
- October 8 – NO ALPHA (FALL BREAK)
- October 15 – How Does God Guide Us?
- October 22 – How Can I Resist Evil?
- October 28-29 – WEEKEND RETREAT @Hanging Rock Camp
- November 5 – Why and How Do I Tell Others?
- November 12 – Does God Heal Today?
- November 19 – What About the Church?